Our newlyweds speak for themselves…
- I wish I had more than five stars to give. Everything about our wedding at Shenandoah Woods a few weeks ago was perfect. The Pavilion: Multiple people told us this was one of the most beautiful wedding venues they've ever seen. The views are incredible, in all varieties of weather, the facilities (kitchen, sound system, lights, firepit, etc.) were all marvelous, we couldn't have been happier. We used it for the rehearsal dinner on Friday, plus the ceremony and reception on Saturday. Couldn't have worked out better (the ceremony site is also beautiful, and we were able to use Jason's portable sound system down there). The Cabins: Every cabin I saw was beautiful. The smaller cabins (like the one we used on our wedding night) were cozy, clean, well furnished, and charming. We also used the large group cabins for many of our friends and guests, which were wonderful, as well as being cheaper options. They were rustic enough to feel nice and isolated from city life, but also well equipped (with AC, nice furniture, new appliances, etc). We also booked a number of cabins on or near the mountain not owned by Jason, which were equally fantastic. The girls got ready at Joseph House, at Jason's suggestion, which was so fun and lovely. The rest: Jason Cave, who owns and runs the business, is one of the best people I've ever worked with. He was just incredibly helpful, and kind, extremely responsive (usually got e-mails back within an hour), and was a huge part of the success of our wedding. He's passionate about improving his already amazing facilities (building new cabins, doing new landscaping), and just went out of his way to help us out time and again. When we mentioned we didn't have a way to heat up empanadas at the Pavillion for our rehearsal dinner, he went out and bought an oven just for us. What a wonderful man. Can't recommend Shenandoah Woods enough for a wedding, or for any other event or trip. Amazing.
- Get ready. This is going to be a long one.
- The first time I walked into The Pavilion at Shenandoah Woods I knew that this was it. I had to get married there. Jason, the owner and visionary behind this venue, built a pavilion that is so gorgeous it doesn't need any decorations. Every detail of the venue is special - from the stone floors to the wood used for construction to the fire pit perfect for the after party - and the view is just breathtaking.
- In the year between when I booked The Pavilion and when I had my wedding there, Jason kept adding things to make the venue even better. The new ceremony space in the woods looking out to the mountains is magical. The picnic shelter at The Pond is perfect for rehearsal dinners, brunches, or a smaller wedding. And the best thing is that you can use any and all of these spaces throughout the whole weekend! That's right, you get access to everything from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. I haven't heard of any other venue that does that.
- Extras include a shuttle to transport guests who are staying in cabins on-mountain (which about 80 of our guests did), a 1950s truck for a grand entrance or photo prop, and a hayride.
- But perhaps the best thing about Shenandoah Woods is working with Jason Cave, one of the nicest guys I've ever met. It was such a pleasure working with him! He responds to all emails within hours, is very accommodating, and has this amazing calm to him that is extraordinarily helpful during wedding planning. And he so obviously loves what he does.
- It rained on our wedding day, so we couldn't use the ceremony space, but saying our vows under The Pavilion with the mountains, dramatic rain clouds, corn field, and swooping flocks of birds behind us was better than anything I could have ever dreamed of.
- The Pavilion at Shenandoah Woods was a dream-come-true. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. Book this venue. Book it now!
- Lacey 09/13/2014
We held our wedding at Shenandoah Woods, and it was absolutely amazing! The pavilion is gorgeous, yet simple enough to be able to add your own details and decorations. The new ceremony area is rustic and has the most amazing backdrop for your perfect day. We used the Somerset cabin for our rehearsal dinner, and the Joseph House for getting ready photos. Both were perfect for our needs, and beautiful in all pictures. Jason Cave is wonderful to deal with, and always available to help.
- Lindsay 10/18/2014
We held our ceremony and reception at The Pavilion at Shenandoah Woods, and our rehearsal dinner at the Somerset cabin. Working with Jason and Shenandoah Woods was an absolute pleasure. He was very accommodating of our requests, and flexible with our use of the Pavilion. We had the venue at our disposal for 3 nights (since it was a holiday weekend) which gave us plenty of time to setup, as it was a "DIY" type of wedding. We even held a trivia night there (hosted by our friends) the night after the wedding, and used the tables/chairs provided by Shenandoah Woods at no additional cost. It is a great value! Over the year or so that we were planning the wedding, it seemed Jason was always adding a new amenity/feature to make the Pavilion and experience better. And he was very open to feedback from his customers. Most of our guests made a weekend of it and rented the cabins on the mountain, which made for a beautiful long weekend with friends and family.
I could not rave enough about Jason and his properties. I planned my wedding all the way from California and Jason was there to help me every step of the way. When I needed measurements of something random at the site, when I needed alternative means of transporting guests, when I needed suggestions for vendors - Jason was there with answers. He treated my family like he appreciated having us there and I truly hope his business thrives in years to come! Now, for the site itself. Absolutely stunning. Our guests soaked it up and could not stop commenting on the picturesque views and natural beauty. Jason has done a lot to the properties to make them unique and perfect for any bride who hopes for a woods/barn-like/cabin-feel/outdoorsy wedding. Everything they owned was top-notch (from the chairs, to the kitchen, to the sound system, to the shuttle). We loved everything there so much that we spread out our wedding to as many areas as possible - we used the woods ceremony site, the pond and field, and of course the beautiful pavilion. Even our photographer claimed that Shenandoah Woods would be hard to top! I am so appreciative of how accommodating Jason was with my MANY requests and highly recommend Shenandoah Woods!!
- Sara 07/12/2014
We got married in the pavilion at Shenandoah Woods and had our rehearsal dinner at the Somerset cabin in June 2014. We didn't use the Joseph House but that is available as an alternative reception or rehearsal dinner site. An important detail to point out is that the pavilion reservation is for 48 hours so you are not rushed to set up and break down within a certain time frame and you don't have to wait for another wedding to finish. The venue itself is beautiful - our pictures are amazing. Our guests loved the fire pit and I was happy that the rain cleared up in time for us to use the new ceremony site. This is not a typical wedding factory type of venue so you will need to secure vendors for catering, flowers, and coordination. However, there are some amazing vendors who regularly work with Shenandoah Woods and we ended up using several of them and were very happy. If you are planning on going the DIY route then this is a perfect venue to use.
My husband and I were married at Shenandoah Woods Pavilion a few weeks ago and while I rarely write reviews, I have to rave about this venue! The owner, Jason, is so nice, accommodating, and (perhaps most importantly) very responsive. He always got back to me right away and was always a pleasure to talk to.
The venue itself is beautiful, but the incredible view of the mountains is what had our guests raving. It looks like a postcard. We lucked out with amazing weather which definitely helped, but if it were to rain, Jason has sides ready to go that he can put up for you at no extra cost. Rain definitely would have been a bummer since having the outdoor space, rocking chairs, fire pit, etc. made the event so fun, but having a contingency plan ready to go at no extra cost was a big comfort and hard to come by when looking at other venues.
We also really enjoyed having all of the cabins (many of which are also owned by Jason) within walking distance of the venue. Most of our family and friends made a weekend out of it and all had great things to say about their cabins. The bridal party stayed in the larger cabin, Somerset, and we hosted our rehearsal dinner there with catered BBQ which worked out great.
This is the PERFECT venue for a rustic or country themed wedding if you are a DIY bride or have a wedding planner. If you're looking for a venue who will take care of the flowers, catering, etc. for you, this might not be the best match, but most outdoor venues with a similar theme won't be either. I was able to get by with only a day of coordinator as most of the local vendors are familiar with Shenandoah Woods. Even though you are responsible for setting up, etc. (or hiring someone to do it for you), you have the Pavilion for the whole weekend as opposed to most places who only give you a couple hours. It's very doable and you aren't rushed.
All in all, I cannot say enough great things about this place, and neither could our guests!
- Kelly 05/31/2014
Shenandoah woods was the perfect venue for my May 2013 wedding. The location is absolutely beautiful and my guests could not stop raving about it. The amenities provided at the pavilion make everything about planning a wedding so much easier. I initially wanted an outdoor wedding with a reception in a tent, but quickly found out how difficult (logistically) they can be to plan. Shenandoah Woods had enough space for me to have an outdoor wedding (right in front of the pavilion) and then a reception in the pavilion that had all of the amenities I wanted in one place: functional kitchen, restrooms, electricity, a great sound system, tables/chairs and plastic sheet "walls" that could be hung from the sides of the pavilion in the case of cold weather or rain. Additionally, while Stanley and Luray have only a few accommodation options,there are so many privately owned cabins nearby, that most of my guests who made plans in advance were able to stay close to all of the festivities. Jason, the owner, is also the most flexible, understanding person in the world and a joy to work with. I didn't have any anxiety about the venue thanks to him and his willingness to go above and beyond. I would HIGHLY recommend Shenandoah Woods to anyone who would like an outdoor wedding (with an indoor contingency plan - i.e. the pavilion which still feels outdoors - even with the roll down walls) and all the amenities needed for a tent reception. The view was magnificent and all of our guests felt like they had taken a mini vacation that weekend, which is exactly what we wanted.
The properties at Shenandoah Woods were all stunning. All of our guests were raving about how nice each of the cabins were. The views from the pavilion and ceremony site are so stunning that the place really does not require many decorations. The pavilion is so beautiful itself and really has everything you need! We loved the fact that we had the pavilion the whole weekend. It allowed us to set up everything how we wanted on Friday, have the wedding on Saturday, and then have clean-up/breakfast on Sunday. We even had the rehearsal dinner at Somerset House, which made it very convenient. Jason is very easy-going and helpful. He was very responsive and patient to last minute changes. The venue was all together perfect for our DIY kind of wedding. It was exactly how we envisioned our wedding to be. Although it was a slight destination with most of our guests from the Maryland area, once they all saw the area, they completely understood why we chose the place. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue!
Original quotes copied from Wedding Wire